The Equip Unequip item ability is responsible for actually doing the item equip or unequip. When any other equip item ability are activated the actual equip/unequip is done by the Equip Unequip ability. Instead of equipping or unequipping a specific slot the ability instead works by Item Set. By working with ItemSets it ensures the wrong combination of weapons aren’t equipped. The ability can be started manually by calling the StartEquipUnequip(ItemSetIndex) method.
If your item isn’t equipping ensure the following is set:
- The Item Set Manager contains a reference to the Item Collection.
- The Item Type is specified within the Default Loadout of the Inventory (this only applies if you want your item equipped when the character spawns).
- The Item Type that is specified within the Default Loadout matches the Item Type specified on your Item component. The Item component is located under the YourCharacter/Items/YourItem GameObject.
- The Item Type on your Item exists within the Item Collection within the Item Set of the Item Set Manager (this only applies if you have added an Item Set with that Item Type).
- The Equip Unequip ability exists and has an Item Set Category set to the same category as what the Item Type belongs to.
- The First/Third Person Perspective Item component specifies a Visible Object. The First/Third Perspective Item component is located under the YourCharacter/Items/YourItem GameObject.
- The ItemSet Category on the Equip Unequip ability matches the category specified by the Item Type.
- The Equip Event on the Item component is set correctly. If it is waiting for an animation event ensure the Animator executes the OnAnimatorItemEquip event. As a test to ensure this is not the cause you can disable the Wait for Animation Event toggle so it will instead equip after a set duration.
- Similar to above, ensure the Equip Complete Event is set correctly. If Wait for Animation Event is enabled then the ability will wait for the OnAnimatorItemEquipComplete event.
Mask which specifies when to auto equip a new item.
Equip Item State Index
The Item State Index while equipping. This index will be set within the animator so an equip animation can play.
Unequip Item State Index
The Item State Index while unequipping. This index will be set within the animator so an unequip animation can play.
Aim Item Substate Index Addition
The value to add to the Item Substate Index when the character is aiming.