The character controller is integrated with Edy’s Vehicle Physics giving your character the ability to drive a vehicle controlled by Edy’s Vehicle Physics. The integration contains the EVPDriveSource which implements the IDriveSource interface described on the Drive ability page. This integration can be downloaded from one of the pages listed below.
Ultimate Character Controller
First Person Controller
Third Person Controller
UFPS: Ultimate First Person Shooter
UTPS: Ultimate Third Person Shooter
UFPM: Ultimate First Person Melee
UFPM: Ultimate Third Person Melee
- Install the integration from above.
- Ensure the vehicle is setup according to the Edy’s Vehicle Physics documentation.
- Follow the directions from the Drive ability documentation page.
- For Step 3 the EVPDriveSource component should be added to the vehicle.
- Step 6 does not need to be performed.
- If you want to use Edy’s Vehicle Camera Controller to control the camera while the character is driving the vehicle the Use Vehicle Camera Controller toggle should be enabled. If this is enabled a GameObject with no children should be added to the scene that contains the Edy Vehicle Camera Controller.
- If the character is visible within the vehicle the Update Location on the Ultimate Character Locomotion component should be set to Update.