The Ultimate Character Controller is integrated with Unity’s Input System allowing the player to get input from Unity’s new system rather than the old Input Manager. This integration can be downloaded from one of the pages listed below.
Ultimate Character Controller
First Person Controller
Third Person Controller
UFPS: Ultimate First Person Shooter
UTPS: Ultimate Third Person Shooter
UFPM: Ultimate First Person Melee
UFPM: Ultimate Third Person Melee
- Install the Unity Input System from the Package Manager. The new Input System should be enabled within the Player Preferences.
- Install the integration from above.
- Remove the Unity Input component from your character (if it has been added).
- Add the Unity Input System component to your character.
- Add the Player Input component to your character if it has not already been added. The included CharacterInput.inputassets file should be specified in the Actions field on the Player Input component.
- If you are using the Unity Event System the Standalong Input Module should be replaced with Input System UI Input Module. This can be swapped on the GameObject that the EventSystem component was added to (called EventSystem by default).
The demo scene included with the character controller will not work with this integration as the Demo scene scripts use the old Input Manager system.