The character controller is integrated with NWH Vehicle Physics giving your character the ability to drive a vehicle controlled by NWH Vehicle Physics. The integration contains the EVPDriveSource which implements the IDriveSource interface described on the Drive ability page. This integration can be downloaded from one of the pages listed below.
Ultimate Character Controller
First Person Controller
Third Person Controller
UFPS: Ultimate First Person Shooter
UTPS: Ultimate Third Person Shooter
UFPM: Ultimate First Person Melee
UFPM: Ultimate Third Person Melee
- Install the integration from above. If testing the demo scene ensure the Input System integration is also imported.
- Ensure the vehicle is setup according to the NWH Vehicle Physics documentation.
- Follow the directions from the Drive ability documentation page.
- For Step 3 the NWHDriveSource component should be added to the vehicle.
- Step 6 does not need to be performed.
- If the vehicle is being detected with the Object Identifier make note what layer that collider is on. By default the vehicle colliders within NWH Vehicle Physics use the Ignore Raycast layer so the Detect Layers field of the Drive ability should be updated to reflect that.