The Vault ability will allow the character to traverse over a vertical object.
- Select the + button in the ability list under the “Abilities” foldout of the Ultimate Character Locomotion component.
- Add the Vault ability. This ability should be positioned near the top of the list so it will override any abilities beneath it.
- Setup the objects that the character can vault over. If the object can be detected by a cast ensure it uses a layer included within the Vault’s Detect Layers field. If an ID can be used the Object Identifier component should be added to the vault object. The ID specified by the Object Identifier component should match the Vault’s Object ID field.
- Ensure the Object Detection field is set to the correct detection method. If a cast is used the Angle Threshold should also be set. This value indicates the angle at which the vault ability can start and a good value for vault is under 30.
- No other steps are required once the vaulting objects and the Vault ability has been setup.
Start Location Depth Offset
Adds to the vault object’s offset.z value to allow the ability to play sooner when the character is running versus walking. The x value represents the character’s z velocity while the y represents the amount to add the Ability Start Location’s depth offset value by.