The Dodge ability will allow the character to quickly dodge left, right, forward or back in order to avoid an attack.
- Select the + button in the ability list under the “Abilities” foldout of the Ultimate Character Locomotion component.
- Add the Dodge ability.
- If Require Target is true the Aim Assist component needs to exist on the look source.
Double Movement Start
Should the ability start when the movement input is pressed, released, and then pressed again?
Double Movement Timeout
The double movement history will timeout after the specified number of seconds.
Does the character need to be aiming in order to dodge?
Does the character need to have a target in order to dodge? The Aim Assist component is required if this value is true.
No Velocity Direction
The direction that the ability should dodge if the character isn’t moving.
- Left: The character should dodge left.
- Right: The character should dodge right.
- Forward: The character should dodge forwards.
- Backward: The character should dodge backwards.
- None: The character should not dodge when there is no velocity.