Recent content by ChristianWiele

1. C

[Bug] New input system throws exception on mobile

Hi, the UnityInputSystem.cs throws an exception in LateUpdate() on mobile as there is no keyboard / cursor. All the code has to be excluded from running on mobile. Regards, Christian
  2. C

Preventing Camera Roll for Drive Ability (3rd person adventure)?

I created a new view type inheriting from Adventure. I then simply call the base class Rotate method and set the z component (roll) to 0. I think this is the most simple solution to stay compatible with any changes in the camera system.
  3. C

[Bug] IDriveSource not assigned when player is already in car OnPlayerEnteredRoom (UCC2.2.5 / PUN-Add-on)

(y) Yes, this way the responsibility is clear, and you don't depend on the remote drive ability. Works very reliably so far.
  4. C

[Bug] IDriveSource not assigned when player is already in car OnPlayerEnteredRoom (UCC2.2.5 / PUN-Add-on)

I have now implemented my own solution. I moved the Physics.IgnoreCollision into the IDriveSource, and I send the character's viewID to the remote client with any sync call. The remote IDriveSource is then able to set the IgnoreCollisions correctly.
  5. C

[Bug] Segregation of duties for synchronizing state between Drive ability and IDriveSource (UCC2.2.5 / PUN-Add-on)

O.k. wasn't sure what is required on the remote client. Still the Physics.IgnoreCollider calls need to be synced (see comment in my other thread. You need to add the local player check in the AbilityStopped() method. Otherwise it will throw an error on the remote client.
  6. C

Preventing Camera Roll for Drive Ability (3rd person adventure)?

In which part of the view type could I override the behavior? I would then create my own view type inheriting from adventure or third person.
  7. C

Unfortunately, this doesn't work. As expected, the Physics.IgnoreCollision is not synchronized. m_VehicleColliders = drivable.GetColliders(); for (int i = 0; i < m_VehicleColliders.Length; ++i) { for (int j = 0; j < m_CharacterLocomotion.ColliderCount...
  8. C

Thanks, I will give it a try. I constantly struggled because collision detection was enabled on the remote client, and the car going wild. I will apply all the changes and let you know.
  9. C

[Bug] Segregation of duties for synchronizing state between Drive ability and IDriveSource (UCC2.2.5 / PUN-Add-on)

Hi, with the upgrade to UCC 2.2.5 the IDriveSource is supposed to synchronize the car state. But with the code changes some calls to the Drive ability and the CharacterLocomotion are not executed on the remote client (see highlighted lines below). To have a clear separation these calls should...
  10. C

Hi, when a player enters the room and another player is already in the car the Drive ability is immediately started to synchronize the state. Therefore the StartAbilityRPC is called on the remote client, bypassing the CanStartAbility method of the Drive ability. As a consequence the...
  11. C

[Bug] Drive ability immediately stopped on remote client after ability started (UCC 2.2.5 / PUN-Add-on)

Hi, when the drive ability is started on the local client (with teleport=true) the final step is a call to SetPositionAndRotation of the UltimateCharacterLocomotion (putting the player on the driver seat). This call is done with the parameter stopAllAbilities = false. This call triggers an RPC...
  12. C

[BUG] Ability not reliably started on remote client

I have done a deep dive and create new bug reports for each issue. So I will close this thread.
  13. C

[BUG] Ability not reliably started on remote client

Right now, I am a little lost. I reinstalled all Opsive components to be sure that I am on the latest version. Now I get another weird behavior. I enter my car on the local client. I use teleport to get rid of the animation stuff for the time being. The player on the remote client also enters...