How can I slip when there is a steep slope?

Joan Sabé

I am creating a Game in third person (for a quadruped). I am using TPController version 2.4.8, and also "Final IK".
I'm having a problem:

Mi player walk the walls, and I don't want it.
I have:
- Navmesh (it's working fine I think, because it's working with NPCs).
- Player --> Ability --> Align to Ground
- Player --> Physics --> Slope 40 (I've tried others number 20 and 80). It works, because the parts where there is a lot of inclination I can't go through, but if I can access it from another place, even if the slope is completely vertical, I can walk there. And I would like the player to fall or slip.

What else can I do?
Thank you!
Joan

Thank you Christian.
I've tried with Slide, but it didn't work.
But then, in Align to Ground, I changed de "Distance" (from the ground that the character should align itself to) to 0. And it works. I supose that TPC though that I was flying or something.
Thank you!
Joan

Oh, but now I see another problem... my player is a little submerged to the ground, and I can't see his feet.
Do you know what else I can do?
Thank you
(I put this question in another different question of the forum, in order to separate issues)

Last edited:
A distance of 0 will prevent the ability from detecting any ground at all. On the Slide ability have you tried setting the OverrideUpDirection to (0, 1, 0)? If this value is not set then it'll slide relative to the normal direction which isn't what you want in this situation.