Recent content by wilg

1. wilg

Force animation?

While I wait for the multiplayer addon, I've been using `DeterministicObjectManager.SetCharacterPosition` to get a rough multiplayer system working (with my own networking code). Is there any way to force the character controller to display a running or walking animation? That would be useful...
  2. wilg

Camera collision layer mask

Thanks! That works. I thought I tried that but I guess I didn't do it right!
  3. wilg

Foot IK not working

I noticed your post here about scaling: https://opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/ultimate-character-controller-wip.391/#post-2058 and I checked and my character's mesh (not the character controller itself) had a scale of 0.45. Setting that to 1 makes my character giant but it does seem to fix...
  4. wilg

Camera collision layer mask

For the third person adventure camera, is there a way to set a layer mask for which objects the camera will collide with? In my case, I have some layers of colliders the camera shouldn't interact with because they're used for other gameplay purposes. The layer mask on the character controller...
  5. wilg

Third person adventure camera has odd snapping behavior when orbiting

Okay, great it was the "Position Smoothing" on the view type. This generally makes sense to me. Somehow I missed that one, I thought I tried everything! I apologize for my comments about the docs not being particularly actionable, I'm not sure exactly why I'm finding them a bit confusing. I did...
  6. wilg

Foot IK not working

I am using this asset: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/humanoids/kira-stylized-character-100303 The demo scene works correctly, so it must be something about the character or the way I've set it up. I will try to rig up a different character and see if that reveals anything.
  7. wilg

Third person adventure camera has odd snapping behavior when orbiting

I'm seeing this strange behavior when orbiting the third person adventure camera. I tried adjusting the various camera spring settings but couldn't figure out what any of them really did, and I saw no effect. Here's a screen capture: The undesirable effect is where the character moves...
  8. wilg

What is the right way to disable input (like during a menu or cutscene?)

Oh, maybe the answer is here at the bottom of these docs: https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/input/ EventHandler.ExecuteEvent(m_Character, "OnEnableGameplayInput", false);
  9. wilg

What is the right way to disable input (like during a menu or cutscene?)

PlayerInput.EnableGameplayInput(false) is protected, which seems to be the most relevant thing. Is the right way to do this to subclass a PlayerInput class and add my own hooks?
  10. wilg

Foot IK not working

Here's the avatar for my character: It seems like all the bones are mapped. The IK seems to work in the demo scene.
  11. wilg

Foot IK not working

Yes, the layer mask is set correctly, as far as I can tell. It's set to "Everything". The foot offset does not seem to do anything no matter what I set it to. I'm pretty stumped on this one. Also, what do you think is going on with the upper arm weight?
  12. wilg

Implementing camera recenter on run (like most third person games).

I would like to replicate the behavior of a typical modern third person controller (like Red Dead Redemption 2 for example) where the camera will attempt to recenter to face your movement direction. The "Adventure" setting in UCC does not do this as far as I can tell. How would I do this? I...
  13. wilg

Foot IK not working

I can't seem to get foot IK working, is there some trick to it? My rig seems to be set up correctly and the Avatar knows where the feet are. The docs (https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/inverse-kinematics/) don't really have any useful information on how it...