Implementing camera recenter on run (like most third person games).

wilg

I would like to replicate the behavior of a typical modern third person controller (like Red Dead Redemption 2 for example) where the camera will attempt to recenter to face your movement direction. The "Adventure" setting in UCC does not do this as far as I can tell. How would I do this?

I recorded this clip of Red Dead 2 for reference: https://xboxclips.com/SupaPuerco/9c184f67-fab3-4ad5-b979-053a28d426c7. In this clip I am only using the movement stick and the run button.

Notice that the when the character moves the camera rotates to maintain a following position. In RDR2 this only occurs when running, not walking.

I think this is a huge huge part of what makes the controls of this game (and other modern third person games) feel good. It means I don't have to be managing the right (look) stick in order to explore the world. As far as I can tell in UCC there is no option for this behavior, and it makes the controls feel much more complicated because you have to use both sticks (or WASD and mouse simultaneously) at all times.

Thanks!

This will take a new view type. I can add it to my feature request list but there are currently some higher priority items (though I really like this as a new view type)