Foot IK not working

wilg

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 2.19.08 PM.png

I can't seem to get foot IK working, is there some trick to it? My rig seems to be set up correctly and the Avatar knows where the feet are.

The docs (https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/inverse-kinematics/) don't really have any useful information on how it works

Also, I had to set "Upper Arm Weight" to 0 to prevent the character from looking like it was grabbing something, but I don't know why that was happening. I pretty much just set up my character through the wizard.

Here's what it looks like with "Upper Arm Weight" set to 1:

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 2.19.45 PM.png

Generally the foot IK system "just works". Is your layermask setup correctly? You could also try increasing the height of the foot offset.

Yes, the layer mask is set correctly, as far as I can tell. It's set to "Everything". The foot offset does not seem to do anything no matter what I set it to. I'm pretty stumped on this one.

Also, what do you think is going on with the upper arm weight?

Are all of the bones mapped for your character? Both issues could be related to that. Beyond that have you tried another character just to see if that works?

That looks correct. Just out of curiosity have you tried using a completely different character? Maybe Unity's Ethan character? This will say if it's a problem with that specific character or if it's something else.

Ahh, yeah, the scaling would affect things. Under the Model Scale section you can adjust the properties of your model so it is scaled which makes having a scale of 1 fit on the GameObject. The foot offset will adjust the position of the characters foot when IK hit a surface, if it doesn't hit a surface then it's not going to change anything. I was testing some on Android and noticed that the footsteps aren't working with Nolan. I was going to debug that before the next release and this is probably related to what you are seeing.