The Short Climb ability allows the character to climb up short objects. Short Climb will specify the object height in the Ability Float Data parameter so animations can be played for different heights.
- Select the + button in the ability list under the “Abilities” foldout of the Ultimate Character Locomotion component.
- Add the “Climbing Pack/Short Climb” ability. This ability should be positioned near the top of the list so it will override any abilities beneath it.
- Add any states to the components that should activate when Short Climb in active. In the demo scene the following states are added:
- The ShortClimb state added to the arm Third Person Object components (only used for first person).
- The ShortClimb state added to the Camera Controller (only used for first person).
- Setup the object that the that the character can climb over. The object should either be in the specified Layer Mask or contain the Object Identifier component with the specified Object ID. See the Detect Ground Ability Base class for more information on these parameters.
The maximum height of the object that the character can climb over.