Version 1.1.6 of the Ultimate Inventory System is making its way to the Opsive Store and the Asset Store. Ensure you update by following the Version 1.1 Update Guide if you are coming from a version prior to version 1.1.
Note: The Unity Package Manager doesn’t always import the most recent update after you download the asset. Ensure you are getting the latest by removing the package cache from the Asset Store download folder.
Note: The Integration between the Opsive Character Controller and the Inventory System has been completely re-written. Read more about the new integration here.
IMPORTANT ACTIONS REQUIRED!
- Action Required: The dependency with the NCalc and Antlr3 libraries has been removed. Therefore you should remove the Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Plugin folder.
This version contains the following changes:
- Removed NCalc and Antlr3 from the project, replaced by the built in System.Data.DataTable class which has a “Compute” method. This is used to compute the modify attribute expressions. Learn more about DataTable here.
- Renamed “Item Object View” by “Item Object Visualizer” and added a new component called “Inventory Item Visualizer”. These components are used to show the item visuals when the ItemObject or Inventory Item changes (usually for item pickups).
- The Shared Object Pool singleton has been updated with some new features, allowing to specify an additional key when spawning objects. For example object pools specific to a character.
- Add a new class called “Item Collection Group”, similar to an Inventory except it is not a MonoBehaviour, it is an object that contains multiple Item Collections.
- Fixed bugs with the Item Binding and Attribute Binding system.
- Changed Item Object such that it no longer sends a change event on disable or destroy.
- Added some events when saving/loading save data in the Save System.
- Additional fixes and small API changes.