Ultimate Steamworks Networking - Assets Project (Fish-Net, Mirror and Netcode)

I guess it depends on what you mean by right approach, technically in theory? Maybe. But it's clear he's committed initially to something he's not remotely capable of delivering in practice, and rather than just say that, has led people on unduly.

In terms of what it means for UCC, my biggest concern is that we're really back to square one with it - nowhere near getting Netcode support for it, and with an increasing number of other character controllers supporting Netcode out there, it's getting hard to justify sticking with UCC, which is a shame.

If I'm honest I'd love nothing more than to see you folks at Opsive just bite the bullet and focus on first party Netcode support. I appreciate you have your own priorities which you no doubt determine from feedback you solicit more broadly than just anecdotes from people like myself, but personally for me, lack of Netcode integration is really the single most glaring gap in UCC's functionality right now. This asset gave some hope that might be resolved, but it's clear now this asset has zero chance of being a path to getting Netcode support in UCC.

If I'm honest I'd love nothing more than to see you folks at Opsive just bite the bullet and focus on first party Netcode support. I appreciate you have your own priorities which you no doubt determine from feedback you solicit more broadly than just anecdotes from people like myself, but personally for me, lack of Netcode integration is really the single most glaring gap in UCC's functionality right now. This asset gave some hope that might be resolved, but it's clear now this asset has zero chance of being a path to getting Netcode support in UCC.
I don't want this thread to get off topic but eventually I would like to do a Netcode integration if the Ultimate Steamworks Networking package doesn't have it by then. I am focused on Behavior Designer and Omni Animation right now and as soon as those have settled I will look further into it. In the meantime I hope that @Pesadelo do Espantalho is able to publish his asset soon.

I guess it depends on what you mean by right approach, technically in theory? Maybe. But it's clear he's committed initially to something he's not remotely capable of delivering in practice, and rather than just say that, has led people on unduly.

In terms of what it means for UCC, my biggest concern is that we're really back to square one with it - nowhere near getting Netcode support for it, and with an increasing number of other character controllers supporting Netcode out there, it's getting hard to justify sticking with UCC, which is a shame.

Look, I don't know what your goal is. At the time I was also waiting for the Mirror integration with which I had time to understand lots of essential points and when the person let go of the project, knowing that I needed it I decided to do it through myself, maybe at the time I didn't have the skills but I obtained them through hard work, now you ask me why the project is constantly postponed, it's because I have health problems , but I currently have a working and playable version which will be released when I am ready.

Hi everyone, how are you?

Sorry for not having given any news but I have uploaded Ultimate Mirror Controller, but I don't know when it will be available on the AssetStore, however I have reworked Client-Side Prediction and Server Reconciliation, now we don't will talk more about ViewTypeSetting and MovementTypeSetting but simply States like the Ultimate Character Controller scripts, but I have migrated from NetworkCharacterInput to NetworkCharacter and NetworkCamera.

By the way, I would like to point out that Ride and Rideable work but not Drive, knowing that each Drive Add-on will have to be worked on one by one regarding Client-Side Prediction and Server Reconciliation.

See you soon!

Sorry for not having given any news but I have uploaded Ultimate Mirror Controller, but I don't know when it will be available on the AssetStore, however I have reworked Client-Side Prediction and Server Reconciliation, now we don't will talk more about ViewTypeSetting and MovementTypeSetting but simply States like the Ultimate Character Controller scripts, but I have migrated from NetworkCharacterInput to NetworkCharacter and NetworkCamera.

By the way, I would like to point out that Ride and Rideable work but not Drive, knowing that each Drive Add-on will have to be worked on one by one regarding Client-Side Prediction and Server Reconciliation.

See you soon!
Oh yes I forgot "ViewType > FirstPerson > m_Shake" is not supported yet, but will be later.
I took the liberty of deactivating it in the Demo.

That's it, I managed to make the rollback system completely independent and functional for all Client-Side Prediction and Server Reconciliation settings, this will avoid the drop in framerate during reconciliation for players who do not have good connection, but it still remains less reliable than the basic system which is still present.

I set up on the NetworkCharacter and the NetworkCamera, two buttons each to restore the Client-Side Prediction and Server Reconciliation settings, one for Fiablility and the other for Performance.

See you soon!

Reactions: GTS
What was the day that you submitted the asset? Recently I've seen new Asset Store packages take around 2 months to be approved.

What was the day that you submitted the asset? Recently I've seen new Asset Store packages take around 2 months to be approved.
I don't remember when I submitted the Asset, but it said:
-Pending: #1560 in queue​

~100 per business day and there are 6 business days in 1 week, that's 2 weeks and 3~4 business days approximately.
But I said between 2 weeks and 1 month so as not to disappoint.

Last edited:
I don't remember when I submitted the Asset, but it said:
-Pending: #1560 in queue​

~100 per business day and there are 6 business days in 1 week, that's 2 weeks and 3~4 business days approximately.
But I said between 2 weeks and 1 month so as not to disappoint.
That sucks. I heard some people are submitting empty assets before hand just to be declined and then update with the real asset. The second approval is faster..