Replacing the model

Spiros

Hello,

Is it possible to replace Nolan (3rd Person view) with an other character ( same bone structure ) and all animations work automagically?

If yes, any correct direction would be much appreciated.

As long as the character model is a humanoid/generic model (and is rigged accordingly) then yes.

Here are a few links to help you get started:

First Person Character Creation (there's a Third Person video next in the playlist)

I know this is a older thread but I figured I would reply to it instead of creating a new one. We can create a new character with the Character creation but my question is about replacing the character model. Lets say that I created a new character and have it all set up with the abilities and weapons but I wanted to replace the model. I'm wondering if anyone has thought about this or done it.

I just know that when it comes to setting up a new character with all the addon packs that it can take forever to add all the required pieces to get the character working.

As long as your new model is rigged correctly and whatnot there shouldn't be any reason you can't just swap it in. You might also want to have a look at Prefab Variants, which could be useful to test your new model works as expected with the character before fulling replacing everything.