Questions about v3

Hi,

I updated to v.3 and have a few questions

1. When are you going to update the Ability pack to work with it?
2. What is the new ShootableWeapon?
3. What is the new IDamageOriginator? - IDamageSource?
4. _ultimateCharacterLocomotion.AbilityMotor

Last edited:
1. When are you going to update the Ability pack to work with it?
We should be able to sometime this month.

2. What is the new ShootableWeapon?
ShootableWeapon is no longer there and is now replaced by the ShootableAction: https://opsive.com/support/document...character-item/item-actions/usable/shootable/
3. What is the new IDamageOriginator? - IDamageSource?
Yes, this is now IDamageSource.

4. _ultimateCharacterLocomotion.AbilityMotor
See this page:

Okay. Is the collision system better on this version because I remember reporting an issue last year where the character was going through walls with high speed and you said you will rework collisions?

I dont want to create a new post for this so I will ask here since Ive been looking for a fix all day.

My motor accelaration values are 8,0,10 and when I run off a platform my character gets shot off the edge like from a catapult. My jump ability (updated from v2) is also very extreme. I can't find any airborne settings unless Airborne state name but have no idea how its used.

v2 had--

Motor Airborne Acceleration​

The rate at which the character’s motor force accelerates while in the air. Only used by non-root motion characters.

Motor Airborne Damping​

The rate at which the character’s motor force decelerates while in the air. Only used by non-root motion characters.

Should we now instead create an Airborne state and change the MotorAccelaration and MotorDamping there? It's a bit confusing..

Last edited: