Head and arms not dissapearing in First Person

matmalm

When creating a first person character it just dissappears the hat which is not part of the head, but the head and the arms are not.

Screenshot 2021-05-31 090147.png

Hi, have you followed this guide on first person character creation? It details the arms separation etc.:

Hi, have you followed this guide on first person character creation? It details the arms separation etc.:

Yes, but when I drag the arms and head to the third person objects in the character creation tab they still appear. It kind of doesn't affect it, but only the rest of the body like the hat. So when I go to the "existing character" and drag my character on the third person objects it's only the hat and eyes that I dragged but not the arms and head.

Ok, I just made dissappear the whole body, because my game is not going to show the entire body but only the arms for the local player. I just hope I'm doing it the right way ?

How can I adjust the arms outside playmode? My character will only pickup items in runtime, so when I stop playmode the Offset for the item dissapears

You should find the right values for the "Position Offset" in the FirstPersonPerspectiveItem during runtime, then copy that value and paste it into the editor after exiting play mode. This is shown at around 11:20 in this video:

You should find the right values for the "Position Offset" in the FirstPersonPerspectiveItem during runtime, then copy that value and paste it into the editor after exiting play mode. This is shown at around 11:20 in this video:

Thanks. Now it works. However the wrist looks dislocated when I pick up the flashlight. It also point good the light but the hand get light as well

Screenshot 2021-06-01 214631.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-01 223635.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-01 223635.png
    10 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Also, when I pick up the item the arm moves back and forth until I enable it:

ezgif-1-d7f79d83912e.gif

Last edited:
I see that the dislocated hand is because the animation is like this. No idea who holds a flashlight this way.

Screenshot 2021-06-02 204235.png

But I'm still curious about the arm moving back and forth when picking up an object.

If that's a custom animation then you may need to double check the animation's settings that it's using the right avatar (set in the base FBX's inspector, "Rig" tab). For the animation issue, are you using a custom/edited animator controller? If so you can use the Animator Monitor component to log events/parameter changes to see if anything unexpected is happening when you pick up the item, and compare that to the transitions in your animator.

If that's a custom animation then you may need to double check the animation's settings that it's using the right avatar (set in the base FBX's inspector, "Rig" tab). For the animation issue, are you using a custom/edited animator controller? If so you can use the Animator Monitor component to log events/parameter changes to see if anything unexpected is happening when you pick up the item, and compare that to the transitions in your animator.
Nop. I'm using the UFPM controller, I haven't changed or add any animation.

I just added the flashlight as preloaded item and the same thing happens, the arm jitters until I enable the item.

What do you mean by enable the item? As in the item isn't being equipped? If you are having equipping issues these tips are good to go through:

What do you mean by enable the item? As in the item isn't being equipped? If you are having equipping issues these tips are good to go through:

I mean activate it. It happens what I said before. But when I turn on the flashlight it stops. Just look at the gif I posted

What are you doing the activation or enabling what are you activating? The GameObject? A component?

It looks like the first person equip springs are moving between the unequipped state and the equipped state. Have you tried comparing the components on the flashlight object to the one that is in the demo scene? My guess is that you are missing a state or one of the default settings is off. If the item isn't being equipped (such as Equip Unequip is still active) then it's likely one of the issues in the link that I posted above.

What are you doing the activation or enabling what are you activating? The GameObject? A component?

It looks like the first person equip springs are moving between the unequipped state and the equipped state. Have you tried comparing the components on the flashlight object to the one that is in the demo scene? My guess is that you are missing a state or one of the default settings is off. If the item isn't being equipped (such as Equip Unequip is still active) then it's likely one of the issues in the link that I posted above.
Turning on and off the flashlight. When pressing play the arms goes back and forth repeatedly until I left click to turn the flashlight on, then it stops.

I compared the flashlight of the Demo scene with mine, they are exactly the same...
I have tried everything with the states in CharacterIK, Unity Input, UCLocomotion, and even the abilities are the same with the Demo.
Screenshot 2021-06-05 233537.png

I really don't know, I've seen the item creation video many times.
Now I changed the flashlight to work as a preloaded item but the same thing happens...

Last edited:
The Item Set Manager looks fine, but try comparing the Item/First Person Perspective Item component values.

The Item Set Manager looks fine, but try comparing the Item/First Person Perspective Item component values.
Exactly same values. The only different value is the position offset that I changed to match it right with my perspective. But I even tried with 0,0,0 and the same problem.

I think the the problem is the animator somehow, but no idea exactly what.

By the way both first person arms and the character mesh have the same problem:

flashlight-equip.gif