Head and arms not dissapearing in First Person

That looks like it's an equip/unequip issue. If the animator is toggling back and forth it looks like the slot 0 item state index is changing? Have you tried going through the equip unequip troubleshooting steps?

That looks like it's an equip/unequip issue. If the animator is toggling back and forth it looks like the slot 0 item state index is changing? Have you tried going through the equip unequip troubleshooting steps?
Every step and no luck with that either. Has this happened to anyone before so maybe that person solved it and I can look through?

Last edited:
Have you tried logging events and item parameter changes with the Animator Monitor to see if anything unexpected is happening? It should look roughly like this when picking up an item:

1623143253153.png

Also sorry for asking an obvious thing but just in case, did you change any of the flashlight's Item properties? E.g. animator item ID, equip event settings?

1623143339804.png

Have you tried logging events and item parameter changes with the Animator Monitor to see if anything unexpected is happening? It should look roughly like this when picking up an item:

View attachment 6113

Also sorry for asking an obvious thing but just in case, did you change any of the flashlight's Item properties? E.g. animator item ID, equip event settings?

View attachment 6114
No I didn't changed anything, I compared it with the Demo Scene and it's exactly the same.

I got this:
Screenshot 2021-06-08 172947.png
The first 3 are when I hit play, the last one is when I turn on the flashlight.
Note that now I'm preloading the item.
Not sure what does it means?

I also noticed that when I changed The animator controller of the first person arms to the firspersonarmsDemo animator it doesn't do the flashlight animation, the arms just stand still, while the third person look does the same weird movement.
When I put the UFPMDemo animator in the first person arms, the weird movement are in both.

Last edited:
The first person arms should be using the FirstPersonArmsDemo animator controller. Not sure why your slot1itemstateindex is changing there - the flashlight is assigned to slot 0 right? And it has an Item Set with an empty slot 1?

The first person arms should be using the FirstPersonArmsDemo animator controller. Not sure why your slot1itemstateindex is changing there - the flashlight is assigned to slot 0 right? And it has an Item Set with an empty slot 1?
Yes.

This are my settings:

Screenshot 2021-06-09 131944.png

Here I have play with ticking and unticking Default, Enabled and Can Switch to, but same result:
Screenshot 2021-06-09 132022.png

Screenshot 2021-06-09 132147.png

Hm I can't see any issues with your setup so I feel like this has to be an animator controller thing, although you said that you haven't changed any of that. If you can't see the issue then you can DM me a repro project and I can take a closer look.