Four Legged Animator Controller

serenity

Hi,

I am creating a dog AI using the Four Legged movement but cannot seem to find a Four Legged Animator Controller.

Is Blitz needed in anyway and what are the step to set it up on a dog?

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
In most cases there's nothing special or unique about an animator controller for a four-legged character. The demo horse's animator controller is a nice example of a simple animator controller with just two substates (and I doubt you'd need one for mounting a dog!), but there's nothing unique about it in terms of being four legged.

Thanks
So basically its these steps:

1- Set dog FBX as generic in unity itself
2- Set dog model as third person four legged movement in UCC character manager
4- Create an empty animator controller and drag it to animator field
3- Tick AI and Navemesh checkboxes

Questions:
1) How will the animal start/stop and change speed
2) what about IK checkbox

Is it as simple as just copying the Blitz Animator Controller and just replacing the movement and idle animations?
Because it kinda worked but I though there is more steps to it for more accurate control

I am also getting the following type of errors:

Parameter 'Hash 872486864' does not exist.
UnityEngine.Animator:SetInteger(Int32, Int32)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.AnimatorMonitor:SnapAnimator() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/AnimatorMonitor.cs:239)
Opsive.Shared.Events.InvokableAction:Invoke()
Opsive.Shared.Events.EventHandler:ExecuteEvent(Object, String)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion:OnImmediateTransformChange(Boolean) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:2296)
Opsive.Shared.Events.InvokableAction`1:Invoke(Boolean)
Opsive.Shared.Events.EventHandler:ExecuteEvent(Object, String, Boolean)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion:SetPositionAndRotation(Vector3, Quaternion, Boolean, Boolean) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:1985)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion:SetPositionAndRotation(Vector3, Quaternion) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:1942)
EnemyAttack:Start() (at Assets/Scripts/EnemyAttack.cs:145)

Last edited:
You will need to create a new animator controller since Unity cannot retarget generic animations. I recommend taking a look at these two pages: