Any future plans to make UCC simpler?

I'm still new to Unity. I've only been at it for about 6 months now, so I'm still a newbie. I believed the UCC is everything I need to get started learning to make my own games (I couldn't make a decent one myself). But, after following the tutorials a dozen times, I got Nolan configured right once (and that wasn't the last time I tried).

It would be nice if Nolan came already configured and all I had to do was substitute my character for it. And maybe my character's arms for his. And my assault rifle model for Nolan's, etc. And probably have to create my own animators for my weapons and substitute those. And then just do tweaking to line everything up.

The Ultimate Character Controller includes a lot of functionality and can handle a wide variety of use cases and as a result of this there is a complexity to it. If you have any specific ideas I can definitely take a look at it though, but I don't think there is too much that can be done from a workflow perspective just because of all of the different use cases.

My best advice though is to go through the video tutorials with the included assets so you understand the workflow. Once you do that and have configured all of the different item types I think that things will become more clear as to why they are the way that they are. The videos were recently updated for version 2.2 so you can follow along exactly as I do in the video.

It would be nice if Nolan came already configured and all I had to do was substitute my character for it
You can use the state configuration system to cover a lot of it, but every character is different so you are going to need to change the parameters to fit your character regardless.

And maybe my character's arms for his.
The first person arms are generic so unfortunately you aren't able to just swap them out. This page has more info: https://opsive.com/support/document...troller/animation/animator/first-person-arms/