Recent content by Matt-The-Slayer

1. Matt-The-Slayer

Opsive Integration With New Input System

I am using the new Input System that is currently in Preview in the Package Manager, however I can not determine if there is a currently built integration with the system. If there is not currently an integration, is there a plan to add an integration soon? Thanks!
  2. Matt-The-Slayer

Single Side View Camera for Local Multiplayer

How would I go about creating a camera that would work for 4 players playing of a single system locally? I am trying to build a view type for the camera currently, but it seems that all other view types assume a single player connected to the cameara.
  3. Matt-The-Slayer

Change Collisions Using State System?

For the time being, what class and property would need this setter? I will just go ahead and add it to mine as I have made some modifications for my current game and will likely not update my current version of the character controller for this game.
  4. Matt-The-Slayer

Change Collisions Using State System?

Is it possible to change the collisions using the state system? I tried playing with the Collider Layer Mask but that doesn't seem to be affecting my solid collision layers.
  5. Matt-The-Slayer

Brain Blocked: Creating New Ability (Vertical Wall Run)

What would you recommend as the parent class for the wall run functionality?
  6. Matt-The-Slayer

Brain Blocked: Creating New Ability (Vertical Wall Run)

I am working on a new ability for my character, however I am having difficulty figuring out which direction to head in so that the ability remains efficient and requires the least amount of custom scripting. I will explain the ability below as concepted: My game uses a 2.5D perspective...
  7. Matt-The-Slayer

Projectile Breaking After Pickup

Fixed! I ended up coding my own script as I needed to add some complexity to it, such as certain layers I didn't want the arrow to act as an Item Pickup on (SubCharacter). The script is called by the Projectile - On Impact Event. Something about the way the separate ItemPickup prefab worked...
  8. Matt-The-Slayer

Projectile Collision

I am struggling to understand some aspects of the collisions. (Layer Names are in bold) My goal: Projectiles (Arrows) should pass through Character collisions, and hit SubCharacter collisions. Whats Happening: Projectiles (Arrows) are hitting the Character collisions and destroying (They do...
  9. Matt-The-Slayer

Projectile Breaking After Pickup

In my game, every arrow fired can be picked back up and added to your inventory. To do this I combined the necessary projectile components with the necessary item pickup components. The process of firing and picking up arrows is working exactly as I want it to, however after picking up an...
  10. Matt-The-Slayer

ItemSubstateIndex not updating

The issue was in regards to the Look Sensitivity on the ThirdPersonShootableWeaponProperties script. Setting the inspector value to 0 allowed me to properly use the bow, and is giving the desired effect. I was able to locate the issue after walking through the Use script, so thank you for...
  11. Matt-The-Slayer

[Solved]Topdown non-linar targetting

There is a button in the top right of this post that marks the question as solved. This just creates a green light on the questions forum so that people can easily see it has already been solved.
  12. Matt-The-Slayer

My character is pulling back the bow as if for attack, but even that isn't playing Audio. I will investigate to make sure the Use.cs isn't getting stopped before sending the parameters.
  13. Matt-The-Slayer

I have a problem in which when I Use my bow weapon (Models are custom, but UCC settings are exactly like demo) the slot1substateindex never updates, causing the entire weapon to break. For instance, when pulling the bow back the state of the weapon gets trapped in Attack Pull Back animation...
  14. Matt-The-Slayer

A Big Tiny Problem

This has been solved and was identified as a problem with the character asset i was using. The asset was not at a fixed scale, and therefore one of the bones (Root) was set to a scale of 0.01. This caused my bow to be a 100th of the size as I had determined. This is no longer an issue.
  15. Matt-The-Slayer

A Big Tiny Problem

When attempting to add a weapon to my player the weapon shrinks to near microscopic levels, even tho the scale is all at 1. Here is an image of my bow as an item, prior to being equipped to the character. Here is an image of my Bow after its equipped by the player. That object to the left...