Recent content by JohnG

1. J

Animation is deformed at joint.

Yes that is what I mentioned above, however dont know why this only happens when I add the character to the camera. Surely the camera has nothing todo with how the character poses? I still don't have a solution to why the characters arm twists, which is my main issue. I have seen on other...
  2. J

Not entirely sure what you mean by this? Are you talking about avatar? I don't see that as the issue anyway as the character pre ucc does not have deformed joint, the deformation only occurs when you add opsive. I have also found something else strange, not sure if this has something to do...
  3. J

I have been struggling with this for a while (on and off). I have a new animation (Kubold), which I have replaced a specific animation on the opsive animation controller (demo). The new animation is deformed at the left elbow (images below), however without opsive, same character, the...
  4. J

Adding new character with existing inventory setup (errors)

Thanks, that was it. I was also able to pickup and equip the pickups that were created when setting up my first character.
  5. J

Adding new character with existing inventory setup (errors)

I have a working inventory system setup and integrated with UCC. Everything works as expected including weapon pickups. I have now created a second character that I want to use with the above inventory system with initial character. I have followed the steps that where required in the setup...
  6. J

Inventory item pickup - duplicate pickup (unique item set off)

Maybe this helps as well. I just dragged the pickup prefab into the scene 4 times. This is my inventory after the first 3 pickups: Here is the 4 pickup: So even more confused now as id 382267015 (slot 0) from image 1 has now vanished, and is replaced in image 2 by 1210324334 (slot 0)
  7. J

My pickup Im not 100% sure where and what the item slot set is. Is it this (on my character)? Just to make sure I am not doing something wrong, I believe I have copied the integration video part 1, pickup for character version. I have dragged it into my scene (twice) for two separate...
  8. J

The item I am picking up (AK74) is duplicated, so there are two versions in my inventory. I don't want it to create another version of itself. This is the issue you had in 44:58 of the integration video (part 1), I followed your solution by unchecking "Unique item set" (toggling this setting...
  9. J

I have created an Inventory item pickup (integration version). I am following the tutorial (32.59 inventory pickups). The pickup works fine for the first pickup, however any other pickups are duplicated even after I switch off unique item set (as per image) Can you think of anything else I...
  10. J

How to make character look at objects with final IK?

Justin this also confuses me. What do you mean by "is this method being called", do we have to do this in code or should it be done automatically when you move the camera? If code, can you provide an code example pls.
  11. J

InventoryItemVisualizer and PrefabAttributeName Error

Hi, Found the issue so posting incase anyone else has this problem. The mistake is quite subtle. I should have been using the model and not the prefab of the weapon. Look at the override Value icon (This one is the prefab. The next image show the model (the correct setting)
  12. J

InventoryItemVisualizer and PrefabAttributeName Error

Hi, I am getting an error when I am trying to do pickups (following integration part 1, 33 min mark). I am using the InventoryItemPickup method (1st method in tutorial). If I leave the Prefab Attribute name blank (Image 1), I don't get any errors, however the real pickup visual is not shown...
  13. J

Have viewtypes changed since early 2021?

Awesome timing, just say down to do some work. thanks.
  14. J

@Andrew There is actually something you can help with... var viewTypeName = "Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.ThirdPersonController.Camera.ViewTypes.Combat"; cameraController.SetViewType(UnityEngineUtility.GetType(viewTypeName), false); The above code is not working, its...
  15. J

Nevermind @Andrew I found the opsive code, the name didn't change, I was just searching for thirdpersonview instead of camera/viewtypes/thirdperson. I will study the code to see if there are any changes between version. My original view was was basically the same as combat view with a few...