Inventory item pickup - duplicate pickup (unique item set off)

JohnG

I have created an Inventory item pickup (integration version). I am following the tutorial (32.59 inventory pickups).

The pickup works fine for the first pickup, however any other pickups are duplicated even after I switch off unique item set (as per image)

Capture6.PNG

Can you think of anything else I might be missing?

I'm not sure what you mean by dupplicated.
If the Item is set in the Inventory Manger Editor as a "Unique" item (this is set on the Item Category) then the item is automatically duplicated on pickup.
Weapons must be "Unique" so it is normal that the item is duplicated.

Could you elaborate on what you would like to achieve?

The item I am picking up (AK74) is duplicated, so there are two versions in my inventory. I don't want it to create another version of itself.

Capture9.PNG

This is the issue you had in 44:58 of the integration video (part 1), I followed your solution by unchecking "Unique item set" (toggling this setting makes no difference at all).

Last edited:
Ah I see, now that makes more sense.

Double check on your Item Pickup that you are indeed adding 1 assault Rifle and not an amount of 2.

Can you send me a screen shot of your Item Pickup inspector and of your Item Slot Set? If we can't figure this out I'll try to duplicate your setup to see if I can replicate this.

If the issue has to do with item set then there are three reasons this could happen.
1) The "Unique Item Set field" must be ticked off (you already did that so it must be one of the other two)
2) The Item Pickup you are using has an ItemSet defined in it. You must remove the ItemSet from the pickup since the new ItemSetRule will add the Item Set for you.
3) Your Item Set Rules have two rules which are the same or are similar which creates two Item Sets for the same item (Note that shouldn't the issue here since you have two assault Rifles in your inventory. The issue I mention here would not do that.)

Ah I see, now that makes more sense.

Double check on your Item Pickup that you are indeed adding 1 assault Rifle and not an amount of 2.

Can you send me a screen shot of your Item Pickup inspector and of your Item Slot Set? If we can't figure this out I'll try to duplicate your setup to see if I can replicate this.

If the issue has to do with item set then there are three reasons this could happen.
1) The "Unique Item Set field" must be ticked off (you already did that so it must be one of the other two)
2) The Item Pickup you are using has an ItemSet defined in it. You must remove the ItemSet from the pickup since the new ItemSetRule will add the Item Set for you.
3) Your Item Set Rules have two rules which are the same or are similar which creates two Item Sets for the same item (Note that shouldn't the issue here since you have two assault Rifles in your inventory. The issue I mention here would not do that.)

My pickup

Capture10.PNG

Im not 100% sure where and what the item slot set is. Is it this (on my character)?

Capture11.PNG

Just to make sure I am not doing something wrong, I believe I have copied the integration video part 1, pickup for character version. I have dragged it into my scene (twice) for two separate pickups. I have switched on equip on pickup which is why I want to use the character pickup version (I might change this in the future).

I have check suggestions 1-3 and I don't think any of them are my issue.

Maybe this helps as well. I just dragged the pickup prefab into the scene 4 times.

This is my inventory after the first 3 pickups:

Capture12.PNG

Here is the 4 pickup:

Capture14.PNG

So even more confused now as id 382267015 (slot 0) from image 1 has now vanished, and is replaced in image 2 by 1210324334 (slot 0)

Ok so my understanding is that you haven't setup your ItemSlotSet the way you want.

The ItemSlotSet is the scriptable object you reference in your ItemSlotCollection:
1624003547629.png

The new Item priority is what is replacing your Assault Rifle once you pickup three of them.

The reason 3 is the limit is probably because your ItemSlotSet has three slots. For example in the project I'm working on it looks like this:
1624003663960.png

These are the equipment slots.
You probably have 3 slots which are all of the "Equippable" Category.
Since you Equip the weapon on pickup, it will find any slot that is available and it will "soft" equip it. Then by using the scroll wheel or using the UI you can change the weapon you are "active" equipped.

If you want to be able to only "soft" equip one assault Rifle at a time you must change the slot categories in your Item Slot Set.

If you continue the tutorial and go the to second one, you'll set up the Inventory UI and things should make more sense since you can visualize your Inventory and your equipment.

I hope that clarifies the confusion