How to make character look at objects with final IK?

KO_Games

Hi,

I'm using Final IK with my the opsive 3rd person controller. I'm currently using version 2.3.2. I have the final IK bridge component, the full body biped IK, and the look at IK components all added to my character. One thing I can't figure out though is how to have my character look at objects as it is walking by them? My game is played with a semi top down angle. I'm using the Third person cinemachine view type. I tried to use the Look at ability, but it didn't seem to do anything. Is there a function that I should call that would update the look at target so that my character's head looks at that target?

Thanks!

The FinalIK Bridge component implements SetLookAtPosition so it should be setting the target position with the LookAt ability. Is this method being called?

The FinalIK Bridge component implements SetLookAtPosition so it should be setting the target position with the LookAt ability. Is this method being called?

Justin this also confuses me. What do you mean by "is this method being called", do we have to do this in code or should it be done automatically when you move the camera? If code, can you provide an code example pls.

SetLookAtPosition is called by the LookAt ability. You'll want to verify within the bridge that it is being called. This method will only be called with the LookAt ability, it does not get called by the camera view type.