Recent content by greatstudios

1. G

Re-evaluating RTS branch

Good ideas. Thanks
  2. G

Re-evaluating RTS branch

Ok will do. Also is there some architecture to preserve custom BD code when BD is updated? I would not want to lose my tasks
  3. G

How to not set Animator parameter every tick

Yeah I’m aware of this. I did it correctly for my movement, but this single state ,one shot animation was confusing to do outside of using triggers. Thanks
  4. G

Interested in the climbing pack for NPC

Ok sounds good. I’m more concerned with the mesh traversal from gound to off mesh link anyway. I’ve had a hard time getting that to work smoothly to sync with the appropriate climbing animation. Hopefully it will be easy
  5. G

Re-evaluating RTS branch

So I got a little work around the animation issue from my last post. I'd still like to see your solution on it however. In the mean time, I incorporated a small seek branch so the farmer can run away when he sees the cube. It executed very well with one issue. Once he seeks the hiding spot...
  6. G

How to not set Animator parameter every tick

Using the RTS example, I want my npc to finish playing out the entire sub state machine animation before continuing. Normally it would tick the branch mid-animation sequence and reset the trigger, causing unwanted animation behavior. I tried this 'Wait For State' task, and now it finishes the...
  7. G

Interested in the climbing pack for NPC

Is the free-climb add-on just for player controlled characters? I need something for NPC, climbing or mounting objects like a horse or cart.
  8. G

Can See and Within Distance not evaluating

Ok got it. Thank you very much.
  9. G

I've been looking at your videos religiously and combing through the documentation as well. I try my best before posting questions. I remade the tree but with the same intent. For the lower priority in the tree, I have a self abort on the sequence node[for within distance and wander] but a...
  10. G

@Justin The self abort didn't work. Please see the BT.
  11. G

It's only a Wander task to the right. The branches In both the screenshots are on the same branch. I disable one when I test the other. Thanks for the clarification on the self abort.
  12. G

I am trying to evaluate my NPC to seek a hiding spot transform when she sees the wolf. With only the 'Can See' task, it works 1. However, I want to evaluate either Can See or Within Distance. Neither of them works. 2. Once I get these 2 conditions working, how can I continually check for...
  13. G

How to stop walking animation[blend tree] during wander

Thanks. I will use this as a future reference. I solved my situation by having the animator synced to the agent’s velocity. So the movement blend tree is handled separately via external code when the BT’s wander task is active
  14. G

How to stop walking animation[blend tree] during wander

I want the agent to stop playing the animation during the wander when the random destination point is reached, then animate again when the navmesh agent is moving. It works well for the seek task, but not for wander. I have my movement blend tree transition via a float parameter. It works...