Re-evaluating RTS branch

greatstudios

So I got a little work around the animation issue from my last post. I'd still like to see your solution on it however.

In the mean time, I incorporated a small seek branch so the farmer can run away when he sees the cube.

It executed very well with one issue.

Once he seeks the hiding spot, the harvest branch then stops reevaluating. If I remove/disable the Within Distance node's branch, the original RTS tree works and he keeps harvesting and dropping off.

So can I have him resume his work once he flees after evaluating the Within Distance? I tried conditional aborts but that only halfway worked.

Attachments

• retreats_but_not_resuming_harvesting.png
    retreats_but_not_resuming_harvesting.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 7
The RTS sample tasks are pretty specific to that sample project. It looks like you will need to modify the Limited Resource Guard task to return a different child than the one that it is currently returning.

Ok will do. Also is there some architecture to preserve custom BD code when BD is updated? I would not want to lose my tasks

You should subclass as much as possible. If that's not an option you can duplicate the task and then make the modifications.