Recent content by corb555

1. C

Error on upgrading UCC/UIS integration to 2.0 [FIXED]

[FIXED]. I had to go to Tools/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController and run Install 0) I had the previous integration working successfully 1) I deleted Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Integrations 2) I downloaded and imported: ULTIMATE INVENTORY SYSTEM from Downloads for First Person...
  2. C

Adventure Kit WIP

^^^ This would be great. UCC/UIS/BD has fantastic features but building and debugging weapons and characters is a major pain and consumes way too much time. Also please have all the code have a Debug mode where it logs warnings when a particular call returns failure. Other than that, the...
  3. C

Task to do SeekAndPickup - best approach?

I use the BD UtilitySelector and a custom TaskScore Decorator to determine which task to perform. An example of the TaskScore decorator would be to return a high score for seeking a HealthPickup if our health is low and a HealthPickup is visible and nearby. I'm writing a task which will do an...
  4. C

Saving Pickup Status

Thanks. Seems pretty straightforward. I just want to save whether the pickup item should be enabled or disabled based on whether its already been picked up. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't re-inventing the wheel.
  5. C

Integrating UIS save/load with 3rd party packages

I use two third party packages that save/load their own data. I did a very simple integration with UIS which works well. I modified UIS so it sends an Opsive event as follows: Event: “OnSaveLoad”, Command=“S” (save) or “L” (load) or “D” (delete), slot=slot number. UIS runs as “the...
  6. C

Saving Pickup Status

I have a number of simple UIS pickup items around my level (similar to the integration demo pickups). I’m using the UIS save system on the Player and it is correctly saving and restoring whatever the player picks up. However when I load the game the pickup items currently have their initial...
  7. C

UCC plus Ultimate Inventory Integration not working

Sounds good. I have about a dozen very simple objects (weapons, ammo, health, etc) which are placed in about 100 locations.
  8. C

UCC plus Ultimate Inventory Integration not working

1) Will items created in the current UIS still work with this new version? 2) Personally, instead of video, I'd rather have an end-to-end text cookbook with screen-shots that would create a working demo scene. If you do a video be very careful that all the field names and typed items are...
  9. C

Torso stuck, legs stretching like Elastigirl

Thanks. I have this fixed by using NavMesh visualization. It seems like there are cases where the "legs" can keep moving but there is no NavMesh path (shown in blue in scene view). Fixing those by adjusting the stairs seems to have fixed the problem. It's just odd that the legs can keep...
  10. C

Are there any settings I can use so that the camera can go anywhere the characters Capsule Collider can go? I'm not sure what to look for that would block the camera and not the Capsule Collider. I'm using First Person view, so I'm not clear on cases where the Capsule Collider can go somewhere...
  11. C

When I enter a room, sometimes the torso gets stuck and the legs continue (with the waist stretching between the two). Any ideas what might cause this? The legs will walk where I expect but the torso doesn't move. It's a cool effect, just not what I want. I can walk back to my torso and...
  12. C

FPS with URP - stuck on step 7 in URP setup link

it's in assets/opsive/ultimatecharactercontroller/materials
  13. C

Picking up any item causes the Player to move off terrain

(Reverted to working snapshot, so now just curious about this) I have UCC and UIS. This had been functioning correctly including picking up runtime items, inventory display, etc. However, I was having poor performance and disabled all scripts on the Player, and re-enabled them one by one, and...