Torso stuck, legs stretching like Elastigirl

corb555

When I enter a room, sometimes the torso gets stuck and the legs continue (with the waist stretching between the two). Any ideas what might cause this? The legs will walk where I expect but the torso doesn't move. It's a cool effect, just not what I want. I can walk back to my torso and walk out of the room and everything is fine.

stretch.png

This may be an issue with the camera not being able to follow the character for some reason - check the colliders in that room and see if any of them might be causing the camera to "avoid"/be blocked by them.

This may be an issue with the camera not being able to follow the character for some reason - check the colliders in that room and see if any of them might be causing the camera to "avoid"/be blocked by them.
Are there any settings I can use so that the camera can go anywhere the characters Capsule Collider can go? I'm not sure what to look for that would block the camera and not the Capsule Collider. I'm using First Person view, so I'm not clear on cases where the Capsule Collider can go somewhere the Camera can't. Does the Camera have its own collider or use NavMesh or what does it use to determine where it can go?

Last edited:
Thanks. I have this fixed by using NavMesh visualization. It seems like there are cases where the "legs" can keep moving but there is no NavMesh path (shown in blue in scene view). Fixing those by adjusting the stairs seems to have fixed the problem. It's just odd that the legs can keep moving in those cases.