Third Person Item Setup

I have a similar issue. I am completely new to Unity and The Ultimate Character Controller. I try to add only a Third Person Character to the scene. I follow all the steps as per the videos. I select the correct collection in the Item Set Manager component of the player character. The checkbox to add weapon to default loadout is checked. In the hierarchy I can see the item created under in the "hand". In play mode the weapon is suddenly disabled (the checkbox in the inspector next to the name is not checked). When I enable the game object the weapon is there but I cannot aim or shoot. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong and I am getting very frustrating. I am following the tutorial completely except for adding the FPS. Please help me!

Edit: since I am not a gamer I don't know how to "equip" a weapon. I have pressed every button on the keyboard and mouse wheel and buttons without any success. I have gone through all the steps detailed here:

Last edited:
If you're just getting started you should follow these two videos:

To make it easier you don't need to setup a new ItemCollection or ItemType. If something is different between the video and your project, take a step back to make sure it's correct. As a first run you can use the existing item collection/item type instead of creating a new one.

With the default loadout you do not need to press any buttons to equip the next item.

I started a new project with a new scene. I followed the steps exactly, with the exception of the new item type creation - I used the default assault rifle. Now the gun shows up and I adjusted the position. But now its not shooting. In the item manager window it asks for first person info, with no option to untick the checkbox. Screenshot of the item as I filled in all the info:

1584613551938.png

It looks like you created a both first and third person character so that's why you have to add the first person item. For now you should instead just create a third person character.

Your third person assault rifle setup looks good though. Shooting is likely a problem related to one of these troubleshooting tips: