Target lock for 3rd person controller

nantoaqui

Hello and happy new year :cool:

I would like to implement a target lock system similar to dark souls. After playing around with Aim Assist from demo scene it feels that i needed something else. So I setup a new scene and added Target Orbit to my player and manually a target game object to it, but no success. The player still moves freely without rotating/facing the target game object.

How would you go about implementing such system? Which components should be touched?

Thank you!

Actually. Target Orbit is not running due to InputVector and sqrMagnitude = 0. Where these values are coming from?

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 22.50.33.png

The target orbit ability only works whilst the character is moving (no need to affect its movement whilst it's stationary). InputVector and RawInputVector come from UltimateCharacterLocomotion (which it gets from the current movement type, e.g. Combat) based on the user's current movement input (e.g. Horizontal and Vertical axes).

Hi I'm trying to create a lock on system as well and and have the same problem. I've been trying to get it working but haven't been able to so far. Any help?

Hi I'm trying to create a lock on system as well and and have the same problem. I've been trying to get it working but haven't been able to so far. Any help?
Just now read Justin's response regarding the Target Orbit ability.
Would be great if UCC had a lock on ability included.
Guess I'll just have to make a new ability that uses aim assist.

Aug 2, 2020
Yeah, the Target Orbit feature is more meant to be used for a deathcam rather than used for a lock on system.
- Justin

https://opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/target-orbit-initial-setup.3600/#post-17752