[SOLVED] 2 Questions: Patrol Reset and Attacking

Lockes_TheThief

Heyo! I am currently working on a 2 player split screen co-op game that I hope to one day release on a Nintendo System. I've decided to bite the bullet and realize I'm not too good with coding, especially one of this level (a 3D game) so I've downloaded the Ultimate Character Creator and Behavior Designer. I've been looking at the tutorials trying to get things going. So far, I am able to create an enemy that patrols three points, but when he sees one of the player characters, he seeks them out, with priority over the melee type of player. But, that's about it.

3D_2021 - ThirdPersonMeleeScene - PC, Mac & Linux Standalone - Unity 2019.4.1f1 Personal_ _DX1...png

I'm trying to upgrade this now with two new levels of complexity.

First, how do I go about resetting back to patrol if the player characters are out of sight or unconscious?

Second, how do I get him to stop seeking them when in range and instead do a melee attack?

I think using the Selector should get this system to loop, but I'm not completely sure, sometimes I get lost from the video tutorials.

I was getting an error about StateSystem (or something?) when trying to integrate BD with UCC, so I can't actually access the demo.

That's what I got going on so far. So, help me, please! All help is appreciated.

First, how do I go about resetting back to patrol if the player characters are out of sight or unconscious?
If both of your Can See Object tasks return false then Patrol will play. You can use the Is Alive task and parent that to the two left Sequence tasks to do a check at a higher level. This is similar to what is done in the integration tree:

I was getting an error about StateSystem (or something?) when trying to integrate BD with UCC, so I can't actually access the demo.
Make sure you are running the latest version of all of the assets. Take a look at the release notes for the required actions and a note about the package manager in order to update:

Thanks for replying Justin! I figured out the StateSystem error yesterday. I originally had all the asset store purchases I made organized in a folder that I created in order to keep them neat, but apparently some projects don't like that. If I was to grab an integration from the asset store it wouldn't know where the other downloads were. So I deleted all my downloads and just let me folders be in their default places.

If both of your Can See Object tasks return false then Patrol will play. You can use the Is Alive task and parent that to the two left Sequence tasks to do a check at a higher level. This is similar to what is done in the integration tree:

Oh, I didn't know the Is Alive task was it's own thing. There were a lot of tasks I couldn't find, but now that I got the integration working properly (still some bugs, though) I SHOULD be able to get these tasks. Where do these tasks come from anyway? Are they custom built? I saw a video about making your own tasks, so I'm thinking the answer is yes.

Okay cool. So if I wanted to do something new I'd have to code it myself? I couldn't figure out how to get my enemy to attack after he comes within attacking distance, but it looks like that is a part of the integration so I can just use the start stop use?