Skinned Mesh Items - Load at start

Klin

Hello,

I have two questions:

1) So far I have the main weapon in "Equippable" Item Collection, so it gets loaded when the game starts.
But how would I auto-equip skinned equipment, so the character has the skinned items at start as well?
(items that are created similar as in this tutorial: https://streamable.com/3jig9d)

2) When the character repspawns, I want the currently equipped items to spawn with him (not the default loadout from the start).
What would be the recommended way to do this?

Thanks a lot for helping out!

1)
In that setup you have two Item Collections. One for your Skinned Mesh Armor and another for your Weapons. Adding the armor item directly in the equipped armor item collection at edit time should equip it as soon as the game starts.

I believe that in the last update I removed the restriction of adding non-equippable items to the equippable item collections, this would allow you to have a single item collection for both Weapon and armor. That being said keeping them seperate isn't a bad thing, I removed that restriction for other reasons.

2)
On the Character Inventory Bridge component there should be a toggle for "Remove item on death" and "Load loadout on revive" or something around those lines. You can toggle both off this way you'll keep your items even after your character respawns.

In the last integration update I add a new Item Collection type specifically for loading weapons to be equipped, You can have a look at it in the documentation:

Ahh it does work, that's great (I don't know how I missed that).

One quick follow up:
When I add "Inventory" to the Equipper script, I get error messages when I quit play mode (not during play).
Is this something, I should be worried about?

1635867004187.png
1635867035294.png

This has nothing to do with our system. As you can see in the error it has to do with an asset called "Infinity Code". I suppose this is an asset that makes custom inspectors since the Equipper inspector does not usually look like that.

I would recommend you avoid using inspector assets with our scripts as we already use custom inspectors for most of our components.