Problems with movement

Ron Dragor

Hello. I`m new here.
I installed Ultimate Character Controller with the the Ultimate Inventory System. Works fine.
Now I tried to install UCC Addins. SwimPack, Clumbing an Agility Pack.
Then Character hits Water, he walks further. after stopping movement, the character won´t move anymore. Same with the climbing pack. After trying to climb al ladder the character won´t move anymore. just turning around. After installing AgilityPack, the Character wont´t move from start playing Scene. I cant find solving in the documentation.

Can anybody help?

Greetings, Ron Dragor

Ist is a fresh project. I used the Demoscene from the Inventory-Integration for testing. I made a prefab from the swimming-Demo and place it in the Integration-Demo.
The Agility doesn´t work anyway.

Do all the individual demos that come with the packs work?
Each of the packs comes with its own animations. Although each demo character is called "Nolan" they all have different animator controllers assigned. Please make sure to add the corresponding animations to your animator before using elements in your own scene.
For the agility pack it is described here:

All Demoscenes work fine. I used Nolan for testing. I will try the correct Setup in the animator. I´m not sure now, but I think that I just put the Animations in the in Character Controller Script in th Inspector. but not in the animator. I´ll check that and report here. Thanks.

I tested the Addin Import done as in the documentation. but not work. I can walk in thw water. when I stop walking, the character won`t move. just turn around.

Can you try the swimming animator controller from the demo on your character? If this works, then you know that your animator controller is missing something. Have you also setup the water collider correctly, so that the character can identify the water layer?

I used the Swim Demo-Controller in the the AddonManager. For Testing, I made a new prefab out of the Water from the swimming demo scene. Character still don´t move.
If I use the Agility-Controller, the Caracter wont move at start playing scene.

As the demo scenes are working fine, the basic setup seems to be correct. The best way is to compare your character to Nolan. Check each ability and make sure you use the same settings as Nolan. Also make sure that the animator controller has the same transitions, etc.

Ok. I did:

1. Made a new prefab of the Water in the swimming-demoscene.
2. Open the demoscene of the Ultimate Inventory System Intergration and save as new scene.
3. Import Swimming-Addon as in the Screenshot.
4. Reorder the Abilities as in the screenshot.

Addon-Demoscenes word fine.

In my scene, the splash and bubbles work. but character won´t move when inside Water.

Attachments

• Nolan1.png
    Nolan1.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Nolan2.png
    Nolan2.png
    61.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Nolan3.png
    Nolan3.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 3
When I move inside the water, the Character walk until I stop moving. The Character keep the swimminglevel indise the Water. Character did not walk further on Terrain. When stop moving. Character just turn around. Did not move anymore. No errormessages.

Attachments

• Nolan4.png
    Nolan4.png
    373.6 KB · Views: 4
It looks like your animator controller is not setup correctly. The water is detected, and the swim ability is active, but the swim animations are not played. Have you tried to use Nolan from the swim demo scene on your scene?

I made a new Prefab of Nolan out of the swimming-Demo. Put it inside my Scene. Deactivate "old" Nolan. Drag "new" Nolan in the Camera Controller an pressed play.

Same Situation. Character walk inside Water. Splash worked, but did not swim....

The CapsuleColliderPositioner is attached to the capsule collider on a child object of Nolan. You should not put it on the character directly.
The errors come from the input component. Still, something with your setup is going wrong, but I can't tell, what it is.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-12-16 um 11.51.16.png

I did following:

Create a new Scene. Import Waterprefab from swimming demo.
rename Nolan Prefab from the swim-demo as Nolan_Swim.
Import Nolan-Prefab created from the swimming demo.
Setup Scene and Camera with the UCC-Manager.
Works. The Character swim and move.

I created a Prefab out of the Nolan from my Scene. Rename ist to Nolan_Player
Deactivated Nolan_Swim.
Drag Nolan_Player in the Camera Script.
Doesnt work. Character swim but do not move.

I deactivate Nolan_Player and Activate Nolan_swim
Drag Nolan_Swim in the camera Script.
Works. Character swim and move.

Then I compare all Attributes in the Scripts attached to Nolan_Swim ans Nolan_Player.
All Setting. are the same. Exept the Scripts ans Settings used by Inventory Integration.

I dont know, what to do to bring this to work...

Copy the inventory components from Nolan_player to Nolan_swim, and see whether this makes a difference. I doubt that because I use UCC/UIS and swimming in my project without problems.

Can you please also confirm that the swim state is active on your Nolan_player's animator controller while he is in the water?