player is stuck in idle state and can't transit to other states

It looks like you created a new Animator Controller? When you are creating a new Animator Controller make sure all of the required parameters are created:

If you specify a new Animator Controller when creating your character it will automatically add the required parameters. From there you will need to add the transitions. If you are not familiar with how the Animator Controller works this page has some resources:

You should also fix the errors first since that can cause other issues. The reason you are getting the error is because the item prefab that you have specified does not have the CharacterItem component. Did you create the prefab through the Item Manager?

It looks like you created a new Animator Controller? When you are creating a new Animator Controller make sure all of the required parameters are created:

If you specify a new Animator Controller when creating your character it will automatically add the required parameters. From there you will need to add the transitions. If you are not familiar with how the Animator Controller works this page has some resources:

You should also fix the errors first since that can cause other issues. The reason you are getting the error is because the item prefab that you have specified does not have the CharacterItem component. Did you create the prefab through the Item Manager?
ok, thank you (i'm trying to create my own custom animator controller) and yes i created the prefab through the Item Manager. Another quick question, i tried to replacing animations in a functional duplicated demo animator controller, but i get an issue with the jump animation: by repacing animations in the "jump" state the player gets stuck mid air (i only replaced the start anim)

Last edited:
Make sure when you replace the animation you also replace any animation events.