Player gets stuck in colliders

imagee

I'm having a recurring problem where if a player walks into a corner, wall, sharp object, low overhang ETC, the player gets stuck. No matter how much they move jump rotate the character cant get away from the collider, and then after about 5 seconds the player teleports 10ft downwards.

I've tried increasing the capsule radius, decreasing the step size, increasing the wall bounce scale, I'm not sure what else to try. The terrains are large and procedural so I don't have the option to add custom collision geometry.

Any ideas on how to get around this?

Have you made sure that all of your object colliders are on layers that are declared as solid on the character layer manager? Do you encounter any overlapping colliders in these situations?
Also, have you encountered any such behavior in the demo scene?

thanks for your help. the collider layer looks fine and there isn't any overlapping meshes. Everything works fine in the demo, and even when I add my scene geometry to the demo, it works fine. I'm thinking there has to be something wrong with my character setup

Your CapsuleColliderPositioner has a end cap target of Nolan. That doesn't look like Nolan - did you create a new character through the Character Manager?

I don't think so, Im prettty sure the way I got my character I I ended up exporting the Nolan rig an then skinning my mesh to it, and then swapping out the fbx

That's probably it. I recommend creating a new character instead of swapping it out. There are a lot of references and unless you get them all it'll cause problems.

In version 3 we have a new template option which will go through and correct any references so you'll more easily be able to switch out characters with everything already added.