Picked up item not in inventory ui

Vahalla

Just started using the uis I made a sword drop with the boss death and I can pick it up, great now the question how do I show it in the ui under the inventory?

Hi, I'm not sure what your issue is. The Inventory Grid should show the items within your inventory as long as the UI is linked to your Inventory.I would recommend you watch the video tutorials it should answer your question

I’ll watch it but for some reason I went through all these steps and now I can’t pick up the weapon the boss drops I’ll watch the vid thanks

Yes I watched this same video several times , why won’t the sword I create with the ucc show in the inventory ui is there something I am missing that needs to be done idk wish there was a tutorial on making sure the two components and using both with each other

I think I see what is going on how do I get the uis to recognize the item definition of the ucc , when I use my definition of the iron sword I can’t use it or pick it up, when I use the ucc definition I can attack , I found the reason I could not pick it up in the inventory interactior field for the inventory I made a inventory pick up template and used that now I can pick it up, so how do I have the uis recognize the ucc definition I believe this will solve my issue atm

I moved the thread to the Integration category since you are using both UCC and UIS.

When using the integration you cannot use UCC ItemDefinitions. You must convert all your items to UIS ItemDefinitions.
Doing so is easy, the steps can be found in the documentation, Scroll down to the "Setup Item" section:

Switching between UCC and UIS ItemSetManagers at runtime is not possible. When using the integration all items must be UIS Items. Of course the item prefabs from the UCC add-ons can be duplicated and modified to work with UIS simply by swapping out the ItemDefinition with UIS ones and adding ItemSetRules for them.
I hope that clarifies some of your questions.

So how do I set the item definition when I create the item in the ucc for animation and placement it won’t let me use the item definition in that part of the ucc?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Could you share a screensot, or perhaps a video of the place where you cannot set your UIS itemDefinition for animation and placement? That should give me a bit more context.

Just to be clear you watched both of these video tutorials in detail right:
I'd recommend you watch them again, especially the first one where I create an Item from scratch.

They explain exactly how to setup the items such that they can be equipped at runtime in the correct position.

Perhaps this video from UCC might help you understand how to position your item even though the item is added at runtime: https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/items/runtime-pickup/
But this uses the UCC ItemDefinition, you'll want to use the UIS ItemDefinition instead.

You can find all the videos for the inventory system here:
This is the shop one
This is teh crafting one

Those videos are a bit old so they might be slightly outdated. I'd recommend you check the documentation on those topics too. Let me know if you have any further questions