Melee Weapon Animations state stuck

Zaddo

EDIT: Apologies again. I found the answer literally a few minutes after posting question. Answer is at 10:00 mark on the training video. I was sure I had this setup as per the video, but I possibly changed the settings while game was paused :(

I have a Melee weapon, if I use it twice too quickly, the animation state gets stuck, with Slot0ItemStateIndex = 2 and Slot0ItemSubstateIndex = 2.

If you watch this video. At the end of the animation, the left hand snaps left. If I use the weapon before this happens this triggers the error.

I copied the Sword Item settings from the Demo for this Melee weapon.

If I turn off GamePlayInput and turn it back on again with the OnEnableGameplayInput event, then normal character control resumes.

EventHandler.ExecuteEvent(mainCharacter, "OnEnableGameplayInput", false);

I have been trying to work this out for several hours. It is tricky to follow what is happening because of the way events and scheduler control firing a weapon. Is there any doco that explains how this works?

Any help on what might be causing this, would be fantastic. I am really stuck on this one.

Last edited:
It's happening to me too with shootable weapons. No idea what's causing it. If I figure it out I'll let you know

It's happening to me too with shootable weapons. No idea what's causing it. If I figure it out I'll let you know
@hteeTraT
I found the answer to my issue. Hopefully this fixes it for you too. See above edit. ALthough if you are using shootable weapons, then it sounds like a different issue. This has happened to me a couple times, so please post how you fixed it, it might help me and others next time.

@hteeTraT
I found the answer to my issue. Hopefully this fixes it for you too. See above edit. ALthough if you are using shootable weapons, then it sounds like a different issue. This has happened to me a couple times, so please post how you fixed it, it might help me and others next time.
Just had a look. Was it the Audio clips causing the issue?

Yep, it was the animator audio state. It needed the second option for 3. But I think this is specific to the Melee weapon and how the Animator is setup for this.

Yep, it was the animator audio state. It needed the second option for 3. But I think this is specific to the Melee weapon and how the Animator is setup for this.
Yea it didn't work for me. Glad you managed to get it working though :)