Items disable when i start the scene

intr_masked

when i play the scene my items automatically get disabled, i've tried remaking the character, the items and redoing the process of adding managers and cameras to the scene but i still get that issue

Is this related to the character controller or the inventory system? I can move it to the appropriate forum but it sounds like it's related to the character controller.

For the character controller did you add the Item Definition? This page has a set of troubleshooting tips for equipping issues:

hey
Is this related to the character controller or the inventory system? I can move it to the appropriate forum but it sounds like it's related to the character controller.

For the character controller did you add the Item Definition? This page has a set of troubleshooting tips for equipping issues:

hey justin
i checked this out and followed it but im still having issues with my weapons, they still get disabled when i start the game

also i cannot find the equip and unequip ability in my character
If you don't have equip/unequip then that's definitely a problem. How did you create your character? Did you add items to the character?

Just to get the workflow down I recommend that you create a new scene and follow the three videos below. This will allow you to follow step by step what I do and should help with understanding the workflow. From there it'll be easier to compare your character to the one that works.

also i did find the equip and unequip option on my weapon but i still couldnt get it to work
You need to have the equip ability on your character, could you post an image of your abilities section? Also are the weapons disabled in the inspector or are the materials invisible? Have you made your own item definitions or are you using the demo set?

the item itself gets disabled, also i've tried both with my own definitions and the demo one, this had never happened to me before also the image for my player abilities is attached

Image for abilities:
Screenshot 2022-07-17 061014.png

Image for item abilities:

Screenshot 2022-07-17 061108.png

Does your inventory also have the same items as the itemset manager? And if you have changed the Definitions triple check everything is match. Abilities look ok but ragdoll should be moved up I think...Not that that is the problem at hand

i added the multiplayer addon too, could that be the reason for the problem? but I'm not using the multiplayer stuff in this scene,

I have never had any issues with multiplayer addon, so I would not think it would be affecting anything, Is there any states maybe affecting the items?

If you create a new character from scratch and follow the videos, at what point do your results no longer match the video?