I can't pick up anything.

alexxx9799

I have created my character and it works (run walk jump... perfectly), I dragged some prefab items to pick up but my character does not pick up anything. I can't make the foot effects (sound and decals) work too. I followed the instructions in tools/opsive/character manager.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply:
yes, I have run the layer setup.
This is an error that I have, I don't know if it is related to it.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Inventory.ItemDefinitionAmount.get_ItemIdentifier () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Inventory/ItemDefinitionAmount.cs:32)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Inventory.Inventory.LoadDefaultLoadout () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Inventory/Inventory.cs:49)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Inventory.InventoryBase.Start () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Inventory/InventoryBase.cs:122)

Last edited:
UPDATE: the player can pick (without equip them) the rocket launcher, he can pick up and use only the katana sword but it handle it funny.

Don't forget to associate the PickUp prefab with the actual weapon (contains sounds and spawn positions)

Attachments

• ice_screenshot_20210629-092900.png
    ice_screenshot_20210629-092900.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 26
Don't forget to associate the PickUp prefab with the actual weapon (contains sounds and spawn positions)
I copied and paste the weapons in the demo scene. It's strange the nolan character can pickup everything but not mine. the item pickup script is empty but nolan character can pick up everything anyway

Last edited:
Have you defined the relevant Item Sets in your character's Item Set Manager?

That error from your previous post does suggest that the ItemDefinition in the ItemDefinitionAmount on the pickup (e.g. Jim's screenshot) is either not defined or references a nonexistent prefab.

Have you defined the relevant Item Sets in your character's Item Set Manager?

That error from your previous post does suggest that the ItemDefinition in the ItemDefinitionAmount on the pickup (e.g. Jim's screenshot) is either not defined or references a nonexistent prefab.
Can I use the default DemoItemCollection?