can't pick-up objects

Silverm

So after I finally set up all the weapons to work in game and also added the pick-up ability to the character
nothing happens when I try to pick up the object in game-like ammo pickups and weapon pickups
like nothing even happens and I tried everything - checking the colliders and making sure that the triggered collider is bigger than the non-triggered one and so on.

here are some screenshots of some simple ammo-pickup:

the colliders
colliders.PNG
the item pickup properties
Pickup Prop.PNG

also, I have to add that the health pickup works with no problem
and I even tried to config the pickup prefabs from the demo scene and nothing happens just like with my original pickup prefabs.

Does your character's Pickup Item ability have the "Trigger" object detection type and the relevant layer/s included in "Detect Layers"? Also make sure you've run the Setup Layers in the Opsive Manager if you haven't already.

Does your character's Pickup Item ability have the "Trigger" object detection type and the relevant layer/s included in "Detect Layers"? Also make sure you've run the Setup Layers in the Opsive Manager if you haven't already.
Yes, I double-checked and everything seems fine in the inspector, I have to add that when I previously made a project with the Ultimate Inventory system stuff like that worked perfectly but now I don't need the inventory system because it's a simple FPS project, generally my project is 80% done I just need the pickups to work(besides the health pickup that seems to work fine).

Ah so you were using the UIS integration before but not any more? If so it may be a question for the UIS integration forum, however I'd recommend a bit of debugging to find the source of the issue: you can debug log in ItemPickupBase.TriggerEnter to see if the trigger collision is working and the pickup is being initiated. You can also check ItemPickup.DoItemIdentifierPickupInternal to see if the item identifier pickup part is being called.

Ah so you were using the UIS integration before but not any more? If so it may be a question for the UIS integration forum, however I'd recommend a bit of debugging to find the source of the issue: you can debug log in ItemPickupBase.TriggerEnter to see if the trigger collision is working and the pickup is being initiated. You can also check ItemPickup.DoItemIdentifierPickupInternal to see if the item identifier pickup part is being called.
So I fixed it the dirty way
just remade the player character controller from scratch and now everything works fine, thanks for the help anyway!