How to stop walking animation[blend tree] during wander

greatstudios

I want the agent to stop playing the animation during the wander when the random destination point is reached, then animate again when the navmesh agent is moving. It works well for the seek task, but not for wander.

I have my movement blend tree transition via a float parameter. It works well for the seek action. the agent walks or runs as expected. However, for the wander action, when the agent reaches the destination, I am trying to stop the walk animation by setting the float parameter value back to 0. I cannot get the tree to work properly on that particular node.

I was hoping to run the check remaining distance parallel to the wander action. With the check remaining distance branch enabled, it just keeps evaluating this I guess. the Wander action node never evaluates. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• pauseAnimationDuringWanderStop.png
    pauseAnimationDuringWanderStop.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 1
  • pauseAnimationDuringWanderStop2.png
    pauseAnimationDuringWanderStop2.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 1
You should use conditional aborts. Take a look at this page:

Thanks. I will use this as a future reference. I solved my situation by having the animator synced to the agent’s velocity. So the movement blend tree is handled separately via external code when the BT’s wander task is active