Getting Errors After Importing PolyNav and Astar Pathfinding Projects

smogger914

I have installed the Behavior Designer - Movement Pack and Behavior Designer - Behavior Trees for Everyone from the Unity Asset store.

I downloaded the AstarPathfindingProject.unitypackage and PolyNavMovement.unitypackage packages from the downloads section. When I import them via add custom package I get the following errors:

Assets/Behavior Designer Movement/Integrations/Astar Pathfinding Project/Tasks/Seek.cs(2,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Pathfinding' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/Behavior Designer Movement/Integrations/PolyNav/Tasks/PolyNavGroupMovement.cs(2,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PolyNav' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/Behavior Designer Movement/Integrations/PolyNav/Tasks/PolyNavMovement.cs(2,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PolyNav' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/Behavior Designer Movement/Integrations/Astar Pathfinding Project/Tasks/IAstarAIMovement.cs(16,19): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IAstarAI' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/Behavior Designer Movement/Integrations/Astar Pathfinding Project/Tasks/IAstarAIGroupMovement.cs(15,19): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IAstarAI' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/Behavior Designer Movement/Integrations/PolyNav/Tasks/PolyNavMovement.cs(16,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PolyNavAgent' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/Behavior Designer Movement/Integrations/PolyNav/Tasks/PolyNavGroupMovement.cs(12,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PolyNavAgent' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I am fairly new to c# and unity and can't quite figure out how to resolve these.

Based off of those errors it doesn't look like you have the base package imported. The A* Pathfinding Project and PolyNav integrations are for the corresponding asset on the Asset Store.

I figured it would be something like that.

I have imported Behavior Designer - Movement Pack Version 1.5.7 and Behavior Designer - Behavior Trees for Everyone Version 1.7.3 using the unity package manager. Then I downloaded the AstarPathfindingProject and PolyNavMovement from the downloads section of this site. I imported them as custom packages and they got put into the integrations folder of the Behavior Designer Movement asset folder. Here is what the asset folder looks like. Any thoughts on what I could be doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 12.31.01 AM.png

For those integrations to work you need the corresponding asset also imported:

Really though if you are just getting started you likely won't need these integrations as you can use Unity's navmesh. I only recommend switching if you encounter problems with the navmesh.

Oh, that's interesting. So the movement pack works out of the box with navmesh, and those two downloads are for a different navigation system.

Thanks for clarifying!