Creating a Horse to Ride

Autoglyph

I have UCC 3 and the Synty Polygon Horse (a low poly horse model) that I would like to get Atlas to ride, like Blitz. I put the horse in the character creator, but then get an error telling me that the horse is not humanoid. It will not load on the scripts, only empty script components. I've also tried using Blitz as a template, but to no avail.
How do I get a horse up and running with UCC 3?

You can follow this page:

Thank you. I've started a new 2022LTS project and installed the UCC 3 as well as imported the horse. However, it does not look like it does in the example. There is no way to change the model from humanoid to generic. The model only still will not load properly. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 2023-09-18 (2).png
    2023-09-18 (2).png
    93.2 KB · Views: 12
I apologize, I should have specified that I tried the model too. Is this what you mean?

Attachments

• 2023-09-21 (2).png
    2023-09-21 (2).png
    96.3 KB · Views: 10
Oddly, Blitz doesn't work either. I'll start a new project and try on a clean install. This one is pretty new, but I'll start from scratch just to be sure. Do you know if there is something else that could be causing the issue?
Thanks for all your help!

Attachments

• 2023-09-22 (2).png
    2023-09-22 (2).png
    92.7 KB · Views: 7
I still don't get an option for generic rig with Blitz on a clean install. I'm using the 2022LTS release and the UCC 3.0.15.

I have just been trying to set up blitz character. Are you dragging into the hierachy first (list on left) or straight from the asset folder? dragging directly from the hierachy and then into the character field on character manager should be fine but would get the lack of generic field if dragging the blitz character directly from the asset folder

Interesting. I'm dragging the Blitz model (not the prefab) into the hierarchy and then into the character creator. No generic option for me. I'm using URP. Do you think this is effecting it? I'll try with a standard project.

Ah, looks like there was a change in 2022.3. Replace CharacterManager.IsValidHumanoid(Animator animator) with the following and it will work:

private bool IsValidHumanoid(Animator animator)
{
if (animator == null || !animator.isHuman) {
return false;
}

// A human will have a head.
return animator.GetBoneTransform(HumanBodyBones.Head) != null;
}