Connecting guns animations

grkwasniewski

Hi all,

I'm having a hard time figuring out how weapons animations are connected. Let's take for example Pistol from the Demo scene. When the player fires, the top part of the gun is animated. I can see in the animation controller (for the Pistol) that there is a Fire clip with some properties - like for example Slot0ItemID == 2. If I would like to add a new gun from scratch, how I should connect all events in the animation controller?

These pages should help with replacing the animations:

Thank you for your help. Sometimes it's really hard to understand how each part of the framework works with each other. For example on a first-person object (in the demo scene) you have two animation controllers. The first one is called FirstPersonControllerDemo and the second one FirstPersonArmsDemo. Both of them have states named something like "Shotgun.Equip". But which one is actually responsible for playing animation when the shotgun is "picked up"? I ask about the animation that is visible on the main camera.

The FirstPersonControllerDemo is for the humanoid, while FirstPersonArmsDemo is for the visible arms. They both have a similar setup, except the arms are for the generic rig in the view of the camera.