Cinemachine - Third Person Pseudo 3D

ChristianParra

Hello ! I'm having problems trying to make Cinemachine to work as the Pseudo 3D; after following the instructions seems like there's only a First/Third person templates after installing the package, so i'm not sure how to accomplish Cinemachine to have the same behavior as the Pseudo 3D.

A workaround I'm doing is using a VirtualCamera instead of the Free Look one, it "works" but the aim ray is pointing in the Z axis, and the options for the Cinemachine from the Camera Controller component doesn't seems to affect anything (probably coz they are not duck type compatible).

Anyone has made 2.5D with Cinemachine and UCC?

I am not aware of a 2.5D perspective for Cinemachine, but I have added it to my list. It sounds like you are on the right approach, but need to create a specific 2.5D view type similar to the first/third person view types that will override the LookDirection method.

Thanks for the fast answer, seems like i'm not the only one trying to use Cinemachine and Pseudo 3D and trying to workaround it.

Can you give me a bullet list for instructions so I can try to create the new view type for the cinemachine Integration? If I can do it I will definitely share with the comunity here coz seems to be a requested feature. Thanks in advance !

At a high level you will need to subclass a new view type, similar to the first and third person variants. You will then need to override the LookDirection method and provide a proper direction for the character look direction. Without getting into it I'm not sure what else it would take but that should get you started.

Gotcha, I will try to do that this weekend, worst case scenario, do you think the camera could work 100% independant of the Character Controller?