Changing Model Character on created one already

loniek

Hey everyone :D

I'm looking for answer like my title says, i want to change model from the Nolan model i was working on with camera/abilities/My scripts etc. to my new model which is basically the same humanoid.
I was looking for answer before on this post -> https://opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/replacing-the-model.3830/
but after many tries of diffrent approches i couldn't make it work.
I tried:
- Creating new Character with this model and it works okay
- Destroying Nolan model and bringing my model to GameObject of Nolan
- Prefabs variant seems good option but i couldn't understand how exactly it should work while i still can't change model

After tries i assume, model need to be "done" by Character manager creator to be linked with Character IK

Sorry for my English if it is not fluent.
If anyone can help, i would greatly appreciate it.
Cheers, Loniek :p

It would be easier if you describe what exactly is not working. Some things to consider:
- you have to replace the mesh / skinned mesh, the rig (bones), and the avatar on the animator
- you have to copy the items from the hand bones to the new rig, and make sure you have item slots on the hand bones
- if you are using body step on the character foot effect component, you have to assign the feet bones on that component
- you probably have to adjust the positions of the items as they differ from rig to rig

Thanks for reply, i will try considering those things as i think one of them is pretty close to my problem.

Hey after a day of trying stuff :DThanks ChristianWiele for your ideas, first thing to consider from you was the right choice, I didn't assing correct avatar.
My whole solution was to delete all Nolan model game objects (rig, armor etc.) besides colliders and just put there my new model. Deactivate animator on new model and assign animations and avatar to Nolan Animator. Change Noland name to my model name and everything works out. For my purpose, Nolan didnt have any items yet so it wasn't the problem for now. Also i needed to assign toe's to the character foot effect script.
Thank you one more time for the reply :D