Bow and Shield Not working/ Visible/ equipping with UCC and UIS - Solved

Where you talking in that video? The only sound I could here was when the player was running.

My guess is that if neither the Bow nor the Shield is working then there is something off if your Slot1 (Left Hand) items.
At no point did you show your Character components (Inventory, InventoryItemSetManager, InventoryBridge, etc...) that would have helped narrow down the issue.

I did see that your bow was being spawned under the left hand, but it wasn't active. So my guess is that the issue might be with your InventoryItemSetManager, ItemSetRules. Try comparing those with the ones from the Integration demo scene. My guess is that your ItemSetRule isn't setting the Bow to slot 1 or doesn't enable it by default.

Start with the Shield which should be very easy to setup. Then once you got that working see if you can make the Bow to work, it's slightly more complicated but at least that should help you make a step forward.

I was talking in that Video, but I think my mike was not working properly, I think I know how to fix for the next time.

It was the "InventoryItemSetManager" script Slot 1 (items for the left hand) had no item rule set, it was blank.

after changing it to Equippable the Bow and the shield now appears and I can adjust the rotation and other aspects.

thanks

1629488264201.png

Attachments

• 1629488040467.png
    1629488040467.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 5
I see, I'm glad that was the problem.

Your ItemSetRule is still incorrect though. I would recommend you read the integration documentation and watch the integration video tutorials again, at least for the segments about ItemSetRules:

The issue is that now you must have both a left and right weapon equipped for an item set to be created.

I would recommend you make at least three rules
One for the Bow, usin the Bow item Category in Slot 1
One for MeleeWeapon, using the MeleeWeapon (or Sword) Item Category in Slot 0
And then another one for Sword and shield using a MeleeWeapon (or Sword) in Slot 0 and a Shield in Slot 1.

If you do not do that then you'll be able to to combine any item toghether when equipping, for example bow in the left hand and sword in the right... which would make it a bit hard for the player to fire the arrow and swing the sword at the same time.

Check the integration demo to see how we've setup the Item Set Rules, you'll see that we have a few more.