Recent content by longshotsg

1. L

State for ThirdPersonMeleeWeaponProperties hitboxes error

Ok understood. Thanks Justin.
  2. L

State for ThirdPersonMeleeWeaponProperties hitboxes error

Hi, I'm trying to create a state to update the hitboxes when a certain attack state is on. But the state preset seems to have an error and does not allow me to add any hitbox. Also ThirdPersonMeleeWeaponProperties.cs does not seem to cater for states yet? Thanks.
  3. L

Jump attack animation where player doesn't leave ground

Ok. Seems like checking "Force Root Motion Position" and "Rotation" works. Too many fields to look at and adjust. But it works for now. Thanks.
  4. L

Jump attack animation where player doesn't leave ground

Hi, I have a special attack animation where the character will jump off the ground and smash the melee weapon on the enemy head. There are no root motion involved for the character. So it basically does Attack 1(Hit right), Attack 2(Left) and Attack 3 where the animation to be played will be...
  5. L

SchedulerBase performance and a few other performance questions

Ok got it. Thanks for your replies Justin.
  6. L

SchedulerBase performance and a few other performance questions

Hi Justin/Andrew, I have a few questions and appreciate if you can help to answer them. Thanks. 1) Since SchedulerBase is behind a dll, we can't see what is implemented there. While profiling my game, SchedulerBase update takes up a significant amount of time. on one frame, while nothing on...
  7. L

TPC Character can't play Fire animation

Hi Justin, The only difference is the position of the assault rifle. And once I use your values, my Nolan character can fire. The character I used can't though so I changed Look sensitivity in the weapon to -1 and it works fine now. I'm just surprised the position of the weapon can affect the...
  8. L

Hi Justin, Your character is able to shoot in my Unity project. So there must be something different between mine and yours. This is good enough for me to go debug and trace. Thanks again for your help.
  9. L

Greatly appreciate it Justin. Let me try to compare the difference. Thanks again for the quick reply.
  10. L

Hi Justin, I'm using the same "ThirdPersonControllerDemo" animator controller as the demo scene's Nolan so the animation events on the animations should be the same. There are no animation events on the weapon and it shouldn't have as not all weapons have animations to it. Unless this is a...
  11. L

Hello, I'm using TPC v2.3.4 and creating a Third Person Combat mode for my character. Followed the tutorial videos to create a character, add item definition base, and added a Assault Rifle to my character. When I do a left mouse click (Fire1), the character will not play the fire animation...
  12. L

Best practice to stop ability when interrupted

This does not really address the issue as it is resetting at the lowest priority branch(rightmost branch). If there is a conditional abort, it will never reach the lowest priority branch till sometime later. But you do give me an idea what I can do. Most probably creating a custom task and...
  13. L

Hi Justin, As indicated, if the branch 2(red) starts an ability and before it can stop due to the wait, branch 1 of lower priority(green) interrupts it, then the ability in branch 2 will not be stopped. One solution as I mentioned is to put a always stop ability task in branch 1 but they will...
  14. L

Hi, I was wondering what's the best practice to stop an ability that does for example clapping hands on the spot, if a lower priority left branch interrupts it. Just a simple basic example, there are 4 branches under a sequence task. In the 4th branch, it does 3 things. 1) Start clapping...
  15. L

Speed change with A* Movement not working

Ok problem solved. Apparently, order does matters. A* must have set the input vector parameters as well. When I switched the order of A* Movement and Speed change, the AI now moves perfectly as expected. Thanks.