Recent content by Kyle

1. K

Objects on platforms

I was poking around in there before posting while inspecting how the player was moved. The only thing that blocked me from replicating it is that kinematic objects prevent force outside of its scripts. I had a prototype in the past that gave kinematic objects their own interactable physics...
  2. K

Objects on platforms

Hello this may be a general Unity question but here goes nothing. I noticed rigidbody objects on moving platforms aren't effected by horizontal movement. Normally I would remedy this by having objects child themselves to a platform on contact. Is this the best practice for this sort of thing or...
  3. K

Delayed Death

Cool thank you for the confirmation, I really appreciate it. Doing things solo for the most part and time is a resource. Didn't want to create something that may have already been in place. Really loving how everything is put together, excellent and professional.
  4. K

Delayed Death

Hello! I made explosive barrels just like the explosive boxes are set up on the Demo. I've been looking at the Health script attempting to delay its death so if two barrels are near each other the initial explosion will push the other away before it itself explodes. The Delay under death is only...
  5. K

Door vanishing

Thank you Andrew you're right and my apologies again, it was just my misunderstanding of the culling. Enabling "Update When Offscreen" on the meshrenderer did the trick. Appreciate the time, always more to learn!
  6. K

Door vanishing

Hello. I'm no expert in Unity and can usually solve issues with a bit of research. I'm setting up my own scene and everything is hooking up easily (great documentation and videos) however I'm encountering a visual issue with the interactable doors that may have nothing to do with the controller...