Door vanishing

Kyle

Hello. I'm no expert in Unity and can usually solve issues with a bit of research. I'm setting up my own scene and everything is hooking up easily (great documentation and videos) however I'm encountering a visual issue with the interactable doors that may have nothing to do with the controller at all. The door seems to cull itself as I pass through it and I can see the door disappear while its still in my line of sight. My near camera clipping planes are at their lowest (0.01) and I cant find any discrepancies between the demo scene door and the one I put together. I have other objects in the scene (archery targets) and the like that don't do this, it's only the door and its only when it's open. I haven't baked any culling information and compared many parameters between my camera and the UFPS Demo scenes camera. Apologies for the long description, wanted to say what I've tried so far.

I added three images showing the problem. I hope it's just a bounding box I need to adjust or some sort of culling I'm unaware about. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

I believe Unity's occlusion culling is not entirely reliable - perhaps in this case once your character has passed through a certain point relative to the door's model, Unity thinks that the door is "behind" your character and culls it? It doesn't seem like an Opsive-specific thing - I'd ask on the Unity forums. But I'll also pass this on to Justin in case he's seen this before.

Thank you Andrew you're right and my apologies again, it was just my misunderstanding of the culling. Enabling "Update When Offscreen" on the meshrenderer did the trick. Appreciate the time, always more to learn!